Brand reach — or the number of people who see and know about your brand — is a key metric for any marketing strategy. Modern digital marketing tools have created new opportunities for increasing brand reach and today, companies can leverage their content, customers, and partners to find new audiences and win new customers.
- Optimizing content for SEO makes your brand more visible on search engines, the starting point for the majority of online experiences.
- Social media and visual content are two of the best ways to increase shareability.
- Calls to action (CTAs) increase the likelihood your potential customer will take the next step in the customer journey.
- Reviews and referrals are powerful tools for increasing brand reach and building consumer trust.
- Brand partnerships can create unique opportunities for finding new audiences.
7 FAILSAFE STRATEGIES TO INCREASE BRAND REACH
Optimize Content for SEO
Did you know that 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine? Optimizing your content for search engines is one of the surest ways to increase its reach and know it will be seen by wider audiences.
It’s important to know that SEO is not a shortcut. Even if you’re implementing SEO strategies, they won’t go far if your content isn’t relevant and high-value for your audiences. Assuming you’re working to make sure it is, here are a few ways you can build an SEO strategy into your content.
- Focus on Keywords – What will your potential customers be searching for? Write content that focuses on those keywords and topics, and use SEO keyword best practices to incorporate them into your blogs and website copy.
- Include Visuals – Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than regular text content. Sometimes people search specifically for images like infographics or charts that can explain a concept more quickly. Using visuals to complement and enhance your content is a sure way to increase engagement.
- Optimize Links – Effective linking is one of the key ways to increase your Google rankings. You can build brand authority by creating content that other brands share, linking internally to other content you’ve created that’s relevant to your topic, and including backlinks to external websites that provide additional content resources.
- Create Engaging Headlines – Headlines are the main deciding factor people use when deciding whether or not they’ll click on a link. Creating strong content without focusing on the headline is a missed opportunity. Always create headlines that clearly inform readers what the content is about in an exciting, engaging way.
Be Active on Social Media
Social media is one of the best ways companies can interact directly with their customers and create opportunities for social selling. Today, 91.9% of companies today are using social media as part of their marketing strategy. In other words, if you’re not on social media, you’re likely a step behind the competition.
There are many platforms out there for companies to use, and not every platform is best for every company. Strategies vary particularly between the B2B and B2C worlds, as shown in the below graph from Statista showing social media platform usage for each as of January 2021.
Across all platforms, the key to engagement is consistency. Consistent content that is relevant, timely, and on-brand not only grows your audience but reinforces your brand message and builds your brand reputation.
Create Video Content
Video content is the most preferred form of online content according to consumers. To boot, video marketers get 66% more qualified leads annually and 8 out of 10 consumers have made a purchase after watching a brand’s marketing video.
Video content is a relevant marketing tool in every type of industry. Visit YouTube and you can find video content from every type of organization from huge corporations to small, growing startups to individual service providers. You might expect to find content from marketers, SaaS providers, tech entrepreneurs and the like, but you might be surprised to also find content from real estate agents, lawyers, doctors, therapists, and professionals from countless other industries.https://www.youtube.com/embed/WN8BRVf8b5A?feature=oembed
Optimize Content Shareability
You can leverage your engaged audience to help you increase your brand reach, but don’t expect them to share your content without a little help. Optimizing content shareability is an easy way to grow your brand’s visibility and build social proof.
There are a few specific ways you can optimize your content’s shareability:
- Share your blog content on social media – Sharing your blog content on your company’s social media platforms increases your brand reach already, but it also makes it easier for your customers to share it, too.
- Utilize Click-to-Tweet – the Click-to-Tweet function allows you to pull out the most important, engaging messages from your content — the ones readers are most likely to want to share — and make them shareable with a single click.
- Use visuals and video – Consumers are more likely to share content they themselves have found engaging and valuable, and video and visuals contribute to both.
- Include social sharing buttons – Including social sharing buttons on your blog makes it easier for consumers to share content they encounter through search engines and direct website visits.
Including calls to action (CTAs) in your content is one of the most effective ways to encourage customers to take the next step in the customer journey. CTAs can include subscribing to a newsletter, downloading a lead magnet, signing up for a free trial, or contacting your company to learn more or schedule a consultation.
The statistics around CTAs make their power clear: 90% of visitors read your CTA copy, and emails and social media posts that include CTAs significantly increase click-through rates.
But like most marketing strategies, there is no one tactic that works for every company and industry. CTA message performance can depend on your industry, and you want to use the one that’s most likely to resonate with your audience.
Leverage Reviews and Referrals
Reviews and referrals are perhaps the most powerful ways you can impactfully increase your brand reach. Consumers both trust and specifically seek out reviews when they’re making purchase decisions. In fact, 93% of consumers read online reviews before they buy a product, and 92% of people trust referrals from people they know.
In the B2B world, when buying decisions typically involve several decision makers who are concerned about long-term company impact, a review or referral can be particularly reassuring. In fact, 78% of leads generated from referrals become viable leads.
You can leverage reviews and referrals to increase brand reach in several ways:
- Ask customers to leave reviews: Depending on your industry, the right place for a review may vary. You can ask customers to leave reviews on your social media platforms, your e-commerce website, through a customer feedback survey, on Google reviews or Yelp, or by sharing them directly with you.
- Share positive reviews and feedback: You can share reviews on product pages, create a webpage for customer testimonials, and include them in promotional emails and social media posts.
- Publish case studies: This tactic is especially effective for B2B companies. Publishing case studies that demonstrate how real customers have found success with your product can build trust and reassure your customers when they’re making a buying decision.
Build Brand Partnerships
Partnerships between non-competitive, complementary brands can be a great way to increase brand reach while creating unique experiences or opportunities for your company. This strategy can be employed in any industry or at any scale.
For example, a restaurant and entertainment company may partner to host events that drive attendance from both of their local audiences. On a larger scale, corporations can partner to drive product sales or create customer incentives, like a brand who partners with a department store to offer exclusive products or discounts.