Delivering excellent customer service is crucial if you want your business to succeed. For many businesses, getting quality customer service means choosing a customer service outsourcing company.
According to a recent report from Emplifi, 86% of customers will abandon a brand after two bad customer service experiences. With such high stakes, you need high-quality, consistent customer service that meets or exceeds your customers’ expectations.
Unfortunately, some businesses don’t know how to give their customers the experience and attention they need, which leads to poor customer service and bad customer experiences. Turning to an outside company dedicated to customer service can often resolve this issue.
If you’re considering outsourcing your customer service, keep reading to learn what you can expect from a customer service outsourcing company.
- A customer service outsourcing company can take over some or all your customer service needs, including phone calls, emails, and live chat.
- One of the primary benefits of outsourcing customer service is cost reduction.
- Choose an outsourcing company that shares the same core values and complements the mission of your business.
What Is Outsourced Customer Service?
Outsourced customer service is when a business transfers some of all of its customer service mechanisms to a third-party company. This may include phone calls, emails, live chat, and other types of support. The third-party company would act as an intermediary between your customers and your business, ensuring their needs are met.
Outsourcing can be a valuable part of your customer service strategy. For an in-depth look at what outsourced customer service looks like today, watch this video:
Benefits of Outsourcing Customer Service
It’s understandable if your initial reaction to outsourcing customer service is negative. However, many outsourcing companies will treat your customers as their own.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing outsourced customer service:
1. Cuts Costs
Maintaining a full staff of dedicated customer service representatives requires a lot of time, effort, and money. An in-hour team requires paying for wages, benefits, and training. These costs can quickly escalate, especially with the high turnover rate of customer service representatives.
The average cost of a new hire is $4,700. How much money could you save if you didn’t have to hire any new customer service agents?
With an outsourced team, you pay a set fee based on your needs, while the outsourcing company handles all the training and any additional costs, including the cost of hiring new associates.
According to the 2022 Global Outsourcing Survey, cutting costs is the most common reason businesses choose to outsource.
2. Expands Your Customer Service Options
One significant benefit of outsourcing customer service is the ability to add new customer service channels and expand your customer service hours.
With an in-house team, you might only have coverage for some types of service channels, like email and phone. An outsourced agency will likely have more resources and will be capable of expertly handling more service channels.
An outsourced agency also allows you to expand your service hours. If your team operates on a traditional 8-5 work schedule, an outsourced team will likely have extended hours to help your business reach and serve more customers.
3. Reduces Your Workload
Depending on the size of your business, you might have employees who take on multiple roles, including customer service. If customer service needs keep growing, your associates won’t have time to dedicate to their other responsibilities.
Outsourcing customer care gives your employees the freedom to dedicate their time to more profitable, critical business needs. With customer care taken care of, you’ll have the time and energy to scale up your business and grow your revenue.
4. Improves Customer Satisfaction
With outsourced customer service, you might see an increase in customer satisfaction. Instead of customer service being an afterthought, an outsourced team will be fully dedicated to serving your customers.
Outsourced customer service agencies also have the benefit of being experts in the industry. While you and your employees are experts in what you do, you may not know the finer details of delivering an exceptional customer experience. An outsourced agency dedicated to customer service does.
How to Choose the Right Customer Service Outsourcing Company
While outsourcing your customer service can have some significant benefits, not all outsourcing companies are the same. You must carefully choose a partner that meets your needs and complements your business.
Here are a few things to consider:
- What is the outsourced company’s customer service experience? There are outsourcing companies available for a wide range of business needs, including finance, information technology, and internal support. If you’re looking for customer service, make sure it offers the right type of support to fit your customers’ needs.
- What are the company’s core values? You want a company that aligns with your company’s core values. Look for a company that is transparent, has similar principles as you, and delivers clear communication.
- Can it take ownership of your brand? The best outsourcing partners essentially become part of your brand. They understand that they directly represent your brand to your customers and take this responsibility seriously. Look for a company that offers plenty of learning opportunities for its representatives in addition to time to get to know your brand.
- Does it speak the same language? Answer this both literally and figuratively. Of course, you need a partner that speaks your language. However, some outsourcing agencies offer multilingual services. This is beneficial to both you and your customers. You also want a team that understands your company mission and why it’s important to support your customers.
- Does it have a proven track record? If the outsourcing company is transparent about its process, it will be happy to share testimonials from current and former partners. Read through this information along with finding your own online reviews.
Choose Televerde as Your Outsourcing Partner
With so many customer service outsourcing companies to consider, it can easily feel overwhelming. At Televerde, we aim to make it an easy choice to partner with us as your outsourced customer service team.
We offer solutions for every stage of the customer journey. Our expert, experienced teams offer omnichannel customer support, 24/7 staffing, increased customer retention, and higher customer satisfaction. We also offer lower agent attrition rates than many of our competitors.
Ready to see if Televerde is the right choice for your customer service needs? Request a consultation today.